Vancouver, BC (November 19, 2014)
Lumerical Solutions, Inc. a global provider of photonic design software, announced FDTD Solutions 8.11, MODE Solutions 7.5, INTERCONNECT 4.5 and DEVICE 4.5 are now available with Lumerical’s 2015a release. Photonic component design and analysis features in the 2015a release include:
- Usability and performance improvements to the eigenmode expansion (EME) solver in MODE Solutions, including the ability to import and export arbitrary field profiles, estimate calculation errors using advanced error diagnostic tools, and speed-up computation with a fully multi-threaded simulation engine;
- New stretched coordinate PML absorbing boundary conditions in FDTD Solutions and MODE Solutions, enabling greater computational speeds for a desired level of simulation accuracy and improved performance at steep angles of source injection in applications including semiconductor metrology, surface characterization and defect detection;
- Complex 3D geometry import and export capabilities in FDTD Solutions, MODE Solutions and DEVICE, using popular CAD formats including Standard Tessellation Language (STL) files;
New Green’s function IQE calculator in DEVICE for rapid optical stack optimization of CMOS image sensor designs; and
- Extensive updates to the DEVICE materials database, including support for spatially-varying alloy semiconductor materials.
“In concert with Lumerical’s FDTD Solutions, DEVICE is an excellent tool that fits our design and analysis needs,” stated Bill Gazeley, Electronic Design Engineer, ON Semiconductor. “The addition of features for efficient IQE calculation in DEVICE is another prime example of Lumerical’s outstanding customer service.”
Updates to Lumerical’s photonic integrated circuit design and simulation tool, INTERCONNECT, include:
- A traveling wave electrode modulator model that accounts for optical and microwave propagation speed mismatch, microwave loss and impedance mismatch;
- A ring modulator compact model allowing for static, quasi-static and time-dependent analysis of micro-ring resonators;
- Support for schematic driven layout (SDL) and layout driven schematic (LDS) design flows for photonic integrated circuits in combination with PhoeniX Software OptoDesigner; and
- Element library model and simulation source enhancements to improve advanced process design kit (PDK) driven design and complex photonic circuit analysis.
“The interfacing of INTERCONNECT and OptoDesigner will bring state-of-the-art time-domain circuit simulation capabilities to our customers’ design flows,” stated Twan Korthorst, CEO of PhoeniX Software. “Together with Lumerical we share a commitment to customer success and satisfaction and we look forward to continuing to work together, alongside our foundry partners, to develop a comprehensive flow for photonic design and analysis.”
Lumerical will host two webinars in December to present key features of the 2015a release. On December 2nd and 3rd, Lumerical will present an overview of the Traveling Wave Modulator model and simulation workflow using MODE Solutions, DEVICE and INTERCONNECT. On December 9th, Lumerical will introduce the IQE calculator in DEVICE 4.5. Registration details for these events, and archived versions of past Lumerical webinars, are available at https://www.lumerical.com/learn/webinars/
Release 2015a is available online at https://www.lumerical.com.