Automatically Discover Optimal Designs
Take advantage of Inverse Design, a new capability made possible via Lumerical’s Automation API:
- Automatically discover optimal geometries for a desired target performance
- Two variants available: parametric optimization and topology optimization
- Discover non-intuitive geometries that optimize performance, minimize area, and improve manufacturability.
Perform automatic shape-based optimization when the class of the shape is known:
- Based on Lumopt, an open-source implementation of the Adjoint Method
- Available via the Automation API
- Compatible with both FDTD and varFDTD.
- Topological optimization generates optimal geometries without the need to specify a class of shape
- Ideal for non-intuitive problems where an initial “starting point” is not available
- Can provide further improvements beyond that of parametric optimization
- Continuously monitors manufacturability during optimization
Optimal Designs Faster
- Measurements of manufactured designs developed using Lumerical’s Inverse Design have been shown to strongly match simulation results.
- Inverse Design can be configured to meet manufacturing and operating-condition constraints
- Simultaneously co-optimize for nominal etching, over-etching, and under-etching for manufacturing tolerance
Accessible via the Automation API
- Written in Python, inverse design can interface with across multiple tools
- Take advantage of the rich open-source community available via Python